5gallon nano in 90 build

runswithscissors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a little late but why not... Ive got an old 5 gallon I use to use as a sump and an old hob skimmer taking up space in my slop sink. lets see what I can do with these :)

DSC07872.jpg
DSC07873.jpg

OP
OP
R

runswithscissors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I pulled out some of the baffles... and scraped at the silicon for an hour :p
I decided not to use the remora skimmer and instead thru my biocube skimmer in there... The remora was just too loud :(
I also half some carbon and filter floss in a bottle on the maxijet (cheap way to make sure the water flows thru the media instead of around it) I'll probably trade it out for chemipure pure elite in a week or two.
I stole some live rock, sand, and water from my 75gallon and biocube...
Glued a few small rocks together, nothing super creative just wanted to stay away from just a pile of rocks :)
For lighting I had a AquaticLife T5HO I wasn't using, its only 20" with 1 18W 420/460nm Actinic Lamp and 18W 700+/10000K Marine Daylight Lamp... I think in such a small and shallow tank that should be enough light.

I'll be stealing a few corals from our frag tank :) and maybe a snail and hermit from my zoa tank. Right now I do not think Ill be adding a fish... this is the smallest tank Ive ever attempted and Im afraid adding a fish, even a tiny goby would make it even harder to keep stable... fingers crossed!
013.jpg
016.jpg
023.jpg
027.jpg
030.jpg

OP
OP
R

runswithscissors

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go!!! Official start>>> bag is in the water!!!

089.jpg
090.jpg

I think I wrote the actual day on the last sign instead of the "July 1st"... not sure if it matters or not so I re-shot the picture... plus I realized that only the tiniest bit of the baggie was visible... hope this one looks better.

Do the mangroves in the overflow count as "livestock"??? hope not...

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice set up you have so far.I love mangroves but I have yet to have one thrive for me.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back