Project IM. My Innovative Marine Nuvo 24 Journey.

thenanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First and for most, let me introduce myself. Jack, otherwise known as thenanoreef. I am relatively new the saltwater tank community but I have been keeping fresh water aquariums and terrariums for several years now. With that being said, I am writing this tread about my Innovative marine Nuvo 24 so that I can hopefully learn a few things and even teach some along the way, although don't take my word for any advice I give.

So 4 months ago I set up my 24 gallon AIO aquarium in my room on my dresser (yes the dresser was rated for the weight). The setup included 2 hydor 425's, 30 gallons of sand, 20 pounds of live rock a 150w hydor heater and a Current USA Marine LED (Amazon.com: Current USA Orbit Marine Aquarium LED Light, 36 to 48-Inch: Pet Supplies).

Now 4 months later I have the following tank inhabitants: 2 Ocellaris clowns, one purple with green tip torch, an RBTA, about 20 polyps of a zoanthis that I cant ID, and a green and red falvia that seems to be bleaching, but I don't know

I should also add that about a month ago I had 3 banggai cardinals but in the last 2 weeks all of them have died. You may also remeber me as the newbie that dumped a bag of sand into the tank about a month in.

I am not running a protein skimmer or reactor, because I all of the protein skimmers that I have seen either don't fit in the back chamber or stick way out of the tank, ruining the simplicity of the nano tank. I have considered running GFO in the Innovative marine minimax reactor because I tend to get bad cyno breakouts.

If you have actually gotten through all of the information that I have thrown at you, please leave your comments on my setup, any equipment you think i should try or add, and PLEASE give me suggestions for live stock as I have a lot of ideas but I don't know if they are okay.

Thanks and please check back for more update.

thenanoreef

OP
OP
thenanoreef

thenanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the day the tank was setup
image.jpg

Now this is the tank as of a week ago
image.jpg

I will be posting pictures of my live stock soon.

thenanoreef

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 188

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice! Following!

mistaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi tunze 9002 skimmer fits perfectly and i know the ghost skimmer from IM will fit perfect all the best

mistaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also as you not running a skimmer yet! stock slowly every month add a fish.. i would recommend you look at the goby family. .

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 150 88.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back