OP
metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Nothing to report except that the nerite snails that have nothing to chew on. Might have to dose some silica to give them something to do. One of my banded trocus snails in my established tank has a mother load of bryopsis and hair algae growing on him. I mean the guy is a slithering forest! Once I get food in the pico I'm going to move him in here with the lettuce sea slugs. That'll be funny, slugs hitching a ride on a snail. :peace:

OP
OP
metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing new to report. Did a water change. I had hydroids on the glass, classic new tank organism. Not sure why though, the floss and sponge are still the old seeded ones from before the tank re-started. It's all good though. I put in a couple of live rocks to get the bacteria population up.

OP
OP
metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So for the theme of this little guy, I've decided to go for a planted tank feel.
3-years-of-Aquascaping-by-FAAO-161.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can't wait!

OP
OP
metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So there is a small hole in the back panel of the tank towards the bottom. It goes to the middle chamber which has the ChemiPureBlue. When the tank is running low on water due to evap, this hole allows the water to by-pass the first and second chambers (sponge/floss and chemipure) and for the tank to continue running. On the one hand it's great that this happens but on the other the salinity probably fluctuates a lot and bypassing the filtration means a cruddy tank.

I'm not sure if I want to epoxy this hole shut or what. Maybe I can get a small end cap type of thing to plug it up but be able to open it back up if needed. Epoxy is white and will not look good. Thoughts?

OP
OP
metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
didn't i send you a picture? Hmm I thought I did. it's tiny, about 1/2 cm. Maybe a hair bigger.

OP
OP
metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait Kat.
Me too! I've been planning and planning, I have a scape mostly ready but it's not wet yet. I've short listed the inhabitants but it is still a long list for an itty bitty tank. So much stuffs.

OP
OP
metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say though, and no cat out of the bag here, ha ha. I have been looking and looking for blue clove polyps. I have received THREE shipments of blue cloves. And none of them have survived. For a coral that is a weed, I'm really having some crappy luck.

I was to meet a local reefer this past weekend to get a rock of blue cloves and he cancelled on me. what the heck.

EuroGti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had papaya clove polyps. They grew like crazy and the param were less then idea in that tank...lol...sometimes the easiest stuff gives us the most trouble.
In my zeo sps tank is full of sticks, but i can't keep a birdnest alive for more then a week..lol...tank full of high end sticks, and i can't keep a birdnest.

OP
OP
metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So! which one of these lovelies from my established tank should I frag for the contest tank? decisions decisions
20140702_181721edit.jpg

OP
OP
metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do. This melting biz is nuts. They're fine one day and gone for no reason.

OP
OP
metrokat

metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<3
You know that recent care package you sent me? Those frag discs are ahmazeballs.

Back