Fish Suggestion

IotaElwyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I have an 8 gallon nano that sits in my living room that's empty after moving up to a 92G. I need suggestions for a smaller fish that would make a nice statement in there. I was thinking of an Alligator Head pipe fish, my LFS said he would be ok there, but wanted to get your opinions. Thoughts if he would survive or can you suggest a unique fish who would thrive? (I can eventually move it to the 92G when it gets to large, but I would hope it could last at least 2 years in there)

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am thinking that may be kind of small for the pipefish, although I am unfamiliar with that specie. Is it eating frozen food? That would be a must as an 8 gallon couldn't support enough pods unless you are planning on culturing the pods.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am thinking that may be kind of small for the pipefish, although I am unfamiliar with that specie. Is it eating frozen food? That would be a must as an 8 gallon couldn't support enough pods unless you are planning on culturing the pods.

+1.

rworegon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally think 8 gal is to small. They need pods as well as frozen. They are really pretty active fish. I had a pair in my 90 gal and they were all over the tank. Mp-40 got em though. I've since got the foam guards but haven't found another pair yet. We have a 6 gal nano with a yasha/candy cane pistol pair, a gumdrop coral croucher, tailspot blenny, and sexy shrimp. Makes for a nice community.

ReeferRookie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pipefish are very active they love to move around quite a bit. Im not saying you cant keep them in.8 gallons. But youd be really hindering the fish

OP
OP
I

IotaElwyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. I held off, but they are beautiful and one may find its way to the refigium on my 92 gallon.

Back