AScarbro's 36 Bow Front

AScarbro14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I've been away from the reef world and finally decided it was time to set up another reef. I always wanted a bow front tank and I really don't have room for a 72 so I found a 36 with a stand at a pretty good deal. Slowly getting everything together and I am really wanting to do this one right. Here's what I have so far.

Stuff I have so far
36 Bow Front Tank and Stand
15 Long Custom Sump
Maxspect R420R 160w 16k
MP10es
Gl*******s 700 gph overflow
Two Little Fishies Phosban Reactor
Fuge Light
65 lbs of Dry Rock (Won't use all)

In the Mail and on its way
Reefkeeper Lite
Mag 7 return pump
2 100w Jager TruTemp Heaters
Tunze Osmolater Nano

So far I have got the tank drill and the back painted black. Also I wanted to do a bare bottom tank but hated how unsightly the glass looked on the bottom. So I found some paint that looked like sand and painted the bottom of the tank other than the crossbar in the middle it looks amazing.
I ran into the problem of I didn't want my rock sitting on the glass bottom of the tank. So I got a piece of 3/8 acrylic and cut it to the shape of the bottom of the tank for protection and so I could still see my false sand bottom :)

The aquascape is already built. I wanted to go with an overhang and leave part of the tank kinda open for swimming room. I learned very quickly that it was alot harder to drill the rock than I thought it would be. I used a 3/8 and 1/2 masonry bits to drill the holes in the rock and used JB Water Weld and 3/8 and 1/2 acrylic rods to hold it together.

Anyway here are some pics of my progress and equipment.

Last edited:

ldmiller8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice custom setup. I have this same tank setup as a fresh water.. Really nice tank. Are you going to drill holes for the sump or run a hang on overflow box?

OP
OP
AScarbro14

AScarbro14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll everything went I'm the back burner for a little bit but the tank has water in it now and no leaks so that good. Once the water eats up to temp I will be adding the salt. Also I got some seachem pond matrix that I will be putty in a Two Little Fishies reactor and will be adding it once the pump and rector are done soaking it water and vinegar.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back