Elos Aquariums

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The mini nano systems they have that are Elos Aquariums have huge price tags.

Anyone had experience with them and know if its worth it?

Siasl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwair,

Sorry for delayed response (from all of us), but I love Elos. There is no better aquarium build bar none. period. I owned a Elos System 120 XL, an A.G.E. custom 500 Gallon tank, and just ordered (two weeks ago) an Elos System 70 (moved to NYC).

Their attention to detail is un-paralleled. Their rimless engineering is exceptional (i have NEVER heard or seen of an elos tank fail). Their sumps / skimmers are great (but I prefer Royal Exclusiv).

I just ordered a system 70 sans sump with a R.E. dreambox sump. I think this is a Lamborghini car (beautiful Italian design) with a German engineered sump (BMW).

You will fawn over the tank. Every detail is gorgeous. It is expensive, but again, I have never even heard of someone who owns an Elos tank that didn't drool over it. Most wifes/spouses even become loyalists. I was actually yelled at by my wife for not getting a custom Elos 500G tank (small fortune). I probably should have listened to her (but the A.G.E. tank was great).

So in short - I love them. All owners love them. If you are a DIY guy, I can make argument for custom sump - but tank is exceptional.

CMB

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back