Eheim 9 Pushing The Limits of A Nano

ProfessorX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
This is my nightstand nano, and it kept me going while I was setting up my larger tank in the living room.

Equipment:
Eheim AquaStyle 9g
Stock Internal filter with carbon, filter floss, and purigen when necessary
Aqueon power head
Koralia nano 240 run occasionally
Stock Eheim led, with a wave point 6" blue led for supplement.

From my bed

Thanks for stopping in! Constructive criticism and comments welcome!

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totm material you can't fit more color variation inside a small box

OP
OP
ProfessorX

ProfessorX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figure its time to update this.

The fish are gone, Bangaii and yellow tail damsel were both eaten by the Dendros, and the yellow bell damsel got bullied to death. Since then I have tried a baby yellow coris wrasse who was also eaten by something in the tank.

The yellow gorgonian started losing body mass, and I have moved it back and forth between here and my 45 gallon trying to get the polyps back out regularly enough to feed it back to health, no such luck as of yet, but I will keep trying until its really dead.

I have added some things, moved some other things, and lost a frag or two (Monti. digitata didnt do well for me, except the green one is fully encrusted and doing great)

I had a big issue with an extremely invasive sponge, and I'm still fighting it. Only thing that I have found that helped was a red spiny starfish. He went to town on it and hasn't stopped, but I don't think he can consume it fast enough to completely irradiate it. As long as its under control like it is now, I will live with it.

I did a big 5 gallon water change today (3 gallons out, 3 in, 1 out, 1 in, 1 out, 1 in) so I guess it is probably more like a 4 gallon change, but I really got into the rocks and sand with the turkey baster and cleared out some long-set-in detritus. Tank looks much happier now.

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a sweet tank, those dendros are beautiful hope the gorgonians pick up

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back