Setting up a 10 gal sexy shrimp tank!

Paul_Bello45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of setting up a nano sexy tank and any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! I've had a 29 gal freshwater setup that I had to redo once (we were moving and my dad put the tank in the back of his truck for a 10 hour drive, needless to say, they were DOA).

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept them before and they are relatively easy for a matured system. only drawback was they like to perch on some corals and its irritating, but most just look past that and enjoy the easy animal as a good long term reef pet. post pics as you start your build the system is a good size for a starting tank, should work well

OP
OP
P

Paul_Bello45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3in sand bed, about 7ish lbs of live rock, and a magarita and cerith snail. I'm going to get a radioactive favia for the tank. What type of placement does it like (lighting, flow, etc) and what do I need to feed it? Any help is appreciated

OP
OP
P

Paul_Bello45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I got these $20 LEDs from walmart and I feel like they will be inadequate for anything I want and I was wondering what kind of light I should get aside from LEDs. I just don't have the money for it atm. The fixture holds one bulb

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dip it for pests - look up dipping corals and u will find a lot of info.

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will prolly loose the color on your favia with the Walmart light? There are also cheap 80-100 led light options for a small tank with what your planning. Maybe even a par 38 bulb or something. Really don't need anything to strong as they can take a lower light.

Sexy's are awesome. They dance. Get them a mushroom or hammer or something like that and they will all hang on and around it. Lil buggers are opportunistic tho and I have busted them messing with my Lps and SPS especially. Should also get a boxer - pom pom crab to go with the mix. They look great together and are super cool to.
good luck

OP
OP
P

Paul_Bello45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info! I am planning on getting a couple pom pom crabs down the road. I love their little anemones!! Also I am purchasing the favia from WWC

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Paul_Bello45

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20150228_113459.jpg

Is this aiptasia? If so how do I get rid of it, it's the only one I see as of now

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back