4g pico and 2.5g mini sump

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been cycling rocks for this fir about a month and a half then i was walking through Petco and saw this little 2.5g tank and I thought I'd try and turn it into a little mini sump to go with it so I got an acrylic sheet at Lowes for 5$ and although sloppy on the silicone I got it done lol after I figured why not build a little tiny stand to go with it since I happen to have this midget skimmer laying around (aqua euro nano lol) so I gathered up some scrap wood I had laying around and put my extremely meager carpenter skills to work I also put two led strips up top for the fuge. Then it was time to drill the tank and do some plumbing threw on a quick door, I'll paint it soon I think, have a kessil a160we tuna blue laying around so I threw that on and did a water test going to drill a hole for the tubing here so you can't see it I also have a cover for the overflow to hide the plumbing and what not it works!!! Haha I'll aquascape a little later and throw some cheato in there also been thinking about maybe sewing up a mini filter sock for the sump since mini everything seems to be the theme ;) not sure about livestock yet I kinda just threw thus together with what I had laying around. Updates soon

Last edited:
OP
OP
joshbbert

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And its all painted and scaped even threw in a couple frags i had laying around and added a cuc. I'm really excited to this tank resurrected! the skimmer seems to be doing a pretty good job so far and heres a few shots of the finished tank now what to stock it with hmmmm....

OP
OP
joshbbert

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What setting are you running the kessil on currently?
Color is at 20% and peaks at 35% intensity peaks at 50% lights are on from 12pm to 8pm moons from 10am to noon and 8pm to 11pm they seem to be pretty strong lights so I keep it low

jimmie86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats awesone, can't wait to see it with some coral in it. i have a 5 gallon reef and i have a 2.5 sitting around i been wanting to try this with. could you tell me the measurments of your baffels in the 2.5 and what size return pump your using.

OP
OP
joshbbert

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats awesone, can't wait to see it with some coral in it. i have a 5 gallon reef and i have a 2.5 sitting around i been wanting to try this with. could you tell me the measurments of your baffels in the 2.5 and what size return pump your using.
Thank you! Its the stock pump for the aqueon4 98gph I believe and I think I did the baffles 6'wide 5 1/2 tall the acrylic sheet was .080 in.

OP
OP
joshbbert

joshbbert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this little mushroom at my LFS and it looks a little melted so I thought I'd bring it home and nurse it back to health for the pico I have some superman shrooms I think I'm going to put in with it as well since they've split a few times here and there

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back