aquamaxx hang on back protein skimmer

Rookie_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up this skimmer. One of the things the instruction says is "Just move the collection cup up or down to adjust the foam level to wet or dry". What is the advantage of wet or dry foam? Is wet foam better or dry? Is setting it high better or low?

Thanks for ur response.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya want to try and get the nasty dark liquid in the cup, the more water you get in there, the less waste. So you want to try and get some liquid, but more foaming into the cup. Theres a balance bewteen the 2.

SudzFD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dry

You want just nasty green brown stinky junk in there and really very little water. Set it high and check it everyday. Move down very slightly until you start collecting proteins.

I have the JNS hob. Very similar to yours. It's fantastic.

When you set it, you want to see bubbles going up the tube slowly and not quite reaching the top. They will build up over time in the center tube and then spill over the top into the cup.

I end up dumping mine like once a week using this method and it's very little water, just nastiness

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back