Hello

Partsman41953

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and really did not know where to post this but here goes. I am not new to the hobby, having had a
28 gallon reef aquarium with pulsing Xenia, a few orange mushrooms and 2 clown fish for around 6 years, but only recently have I
had success with the aquarium without green hair algae but that is getting off the subject of this post. I am now stepping up to a 90 gallon predrilled Aqueon aquarium and have no clue of how to set it up (plumb it). I am also going to try to build a sump, to save money, out of a 30 long aquarium. My question or questions are thus: (1) I need suggestions on a protein skimmer (thinking about a Reef Octopus NWB150), return pump, power heads, heater, and thermometer. I was also looking at the DSunY UT2-FS programmable lights. Please let me know what you think about my choices for equipment and also if someone had a detailed illustration on how to plumb this aquarium I would really appreciate it. I am trying to do as much as I can myself to try and save money for the equipment I need.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
P

Partsman41953

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to add that I will be keeping both LPS and SPS corals in the aquarium along with a variety of fish. If I forgot any other information please let me know.

Thanks again.

Zero Nitrates

I love chalices
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!
Congrats on the new build!
You might look at ASM protein skimmers.
There are a lot of lights out there. I have had success with Vertex and Aquatic Life.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back