Is this normal?

Papadovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the last two days this guy has been closed up and today I get home and he looks even worse. What's going on?
20140418_182035.jpg

OP
OP
Papadovak

Papadovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea sry probably should have mentioned that lol I have other frags spread out and they look great just not sure what is up with this one and two others this one is just the worst looking one...

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea sry probably should have mentioned that lol I have other frags spread out and they look great just not sure what is up with this one and two others this one is just the worst looking one...

What coral is it? What are your params? What have you added or done to your tank in the past few days?

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a leather, give it more flow. Tank looks fairly new from what I see. Green algae growth and some cyano means low flow. It also looks like a Kenya tree and the prefer flow as well.

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a leather, give it more flow. Tank looks fairly new from what I see. Green algae growth and some cyano means low flow. It also looks like a Kenya tree and the prefer flow as well.

From my perspective it looks GSP, either way...params would still be good to know.

OP
OP
Papadovak

Papadovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it has taken my so long to reply I've had a crazy day. It is a Kenya tree. I do why I didn't include that in the post.... When I posted this yesterday two of them were closed now it looks like all of them are closed or having a hard time opening. Today's params. that I just got done checking:
Nh4. 0.0
No2. 0.0
No3. 0.0
Ph. 8.4
Po4. 0.0
Ca2. 320
Salinity. 1.023

newjack0000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate when people say this to me so I really hate it when I say it but API is well known for bad test kits. I would take a sample to LFS or friends and test again. Not saying yours is bad but last time I had all 0s from my API master test kit and double checked the exp date witch was fine. I took it to LFS and Nitrates were over 100 ppm. API is a good starter kit but not best for your buck,

lisa28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Kenya tree and a green Kenya or finger leather (nobody seems to agree on names) that do this to Me all the time so i'm tagging along.

OP
OP
Papadovak

Papadovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I'm going tomorrow. I'll take a sample with me. What's your thought on a better kit?

lisa28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea some times an hour later some times 4 hours later. are you using rodi water? since i've started switching over I've seen a littl bit of improvement

salttanklife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Kenya tree love's flow. The base starts about 12 inches below my hydor circulator and has grew up to about 1 inch below it taking the full blast from a inch away. When I cut my circulation off to do a water change, it looks like your does

OP
OP
Papadovak

Papadovak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Kenya tree love's flow. The base starts about 12 inches below my hydor circulator and has grew up to about 1 inch below it taking the full blast from a inch away. When I cut my circulation off to do a water change, it looks like your does
That has to look great! I'll try moving my ph and I'll let you know if that is what the problem is.
And yes I use Rodi

cvysochin

View Badges
Reaction score
Oak View, CA 93022- about 15 min from Ventura
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kenya tree. It's normal for them to close up like this. They do it when they grow(shed skin) and or when they drop babies. If they don't have sufficient flow they will take longer to open. Once they start to turn brown and fall apart to the touch then I'd be worried. HTH GL!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back