Just getting started

Bigfully

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I have been reading your posts and threads for over two months now. I'm doing a lot of research and visiting stores. I will be purchasing at minimum a 150 gallon long tank (60")

I have seen many people claim that triggers and flame angels will eat corals. Yet there are many pics where a flame angel or trigger is in a tank with coral in it?
I want a Niger Trigger and a Flame Angel. I also want a tang probably a yellow. Can I have these three and corals?
Can I have these three and a starfish or urchin?
Please let me know if you have any of these fish in your reef tank.

WeLoveReefers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Niger triggers and flame angels are completely reef safe. Same with yellow tangs, starfish, and sea urchins. You'd be safe.

neddog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Flame Angel could go either way. Most don't bother corals but some do, maybe 1 In 25 will eat coral. The risk is low but It's there. The starfish is fine just stay away from chocolate chip starfish or ay other star with that type of body. The serpent stars, brittle stars, and linka stars(my favorite) are all fine. Everything else you listed is fine. Good luck I would love to have a 150 salt water! I have a 150 but It's fresh water and has my sons Red Eared Slider In there.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 38.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back