Power head/circulation

CoralHut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vortech MP10 or a Tunze Nanostream 6025 or 6045. Multiple powerheads are better than a single one. Most tanks need at least 2. If you got the Vortech and another smaller powerhead you'd be set. I don't recommend the Jebao units because they are a liability, not being UL listed means if it burns your house down most insurance companies will not cover. Jebao in the past with other products they have made have caused fires so be careful.

OP
OP
KillerKlownFish

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a hydro korolia for a good price 850gph. Eventually I will get up enough money to buy the really good one. I will keep everyone posted.

cope413

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. That's the funniest reason I've heard to not buy a jebao. UL is a third party certification. Not government mandated and certainly doesn't circumvent home owners insurance.

But even if it did, please send the links to people who burned their houses down with them.

The WP10 would be great for the tank. I've got a 29g with one and it's an excellent value.

I've got a 25 in my 40B and it's also excellent.

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a quiet pwr head dont use koralia they make a very audible sound when they start. If you run them on a timer you will hear this constantly. They are fine if you run them all the time

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back