So I freaked out when my two clownfish I added to my new tank were swimming sideways on top of the w

Nathan2585

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wake up only to find my clownfish floating sideways swimming in a weird state thinking they were dying even though I've checked my water regularly before I added them to my new tank! I've looked it up and found out I guess that's how they sleep they have done this every morning I wake up but return to normal once the light is on lol. Has anyone
Else ever had this scare?

tigerdragon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ever seen a fox face at night will scare the heck out of you thinking omg what is wrong?

Last edited by a moderator:

racoloish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember when I got my first wrasse, he was sleeping on one side and I thought he was dead. the other one was another wrasse that went missing after I put him in the tank I thought he jump, then I noticed that he hide under the sand.

RafaelAtkinsonJr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Yes my two clowns do the same. But they hover towards the top of the tank side ways. Its funny

devinwarning

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clown is always doing something different at night some nights he will sleep in my Xenias, other nights the sand, sometimes floats to the top, and occasionally he darts back and forth against the glass which scares me making me think he's gonna have a heart attack or something lol and my purple firefish disappears and is usually missing until 30 minutes after the lights are on and i habe yet to figure out where that fish even hides

nawilson89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine do the same. I always freak out. I really need to get them a nem so they can just hang out in there

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back