bully clownfish??

bwardo2010

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I'm new to the salwater world and have setup a 29 gallon tank. It has been up running for about 2 months. All of my parameters are at 0 and after it cycled I added 2 clownfish. I know I should have added just one but that was a rookie mistake.

I cycled the tank using 2 shrimp that were on the smaller side.

The clownfish were about the same size when I bought them. The last couple of days I saw one of them darting at the other and I figured they were really fighting out the dominance. When I got back from class last night I saw the one who was being the less dominant one stuck in a corner and whenever he would try to move out the other one would push him back.

I didn't think much of it last night but I woke up this morning and he was dead. I feel really bad that I dint do anything about it.

I had these guys about 3 weeks. I don't think he looked like he had any of the diseases that pop up on Google.

Could the other one have killed him? They weren't all that big 2 inches or so. They were both true perculas.

Second question is: in a couple of weeks if I decide to get another one, am I able to get occerllaris (sp)?

I want to make sure that if there is a disease in the tank that I know about to before I add another clown.

Thanks guys.

vic67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is quite possible that one killed the other. If you buy another try to get one noticeably larger or smaller than your current one. You can mix clowns so it's up to you what you want to buy.

Tx Medic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I would get another true p. But get one that is smaller than the one that you still have. If you get one the same size or larger it may happen again.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns aren't the cute and cuddly fish everyone thinks they are, they are no Nemo, they are more like Cujo.

prinaudo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of clowns in a 60 gallon tank, the smaller, the male, can be less than a model fish. This clown sometimes will go after my hand, now I use gloves and yes has gone after my scooter blenny. He can be a total jerk.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back