I feel like this is a stupid question, but turbo snail?

angelfishgirl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my aquarium up an running with life for a month and a half, at most with no issues!!! (Knock on wood) . I bought a turbo snail from a guy and this thing is HUGE. He says it's about 5 years old, recently I've been coming home and him being halfway out of the water, but today I come home and he's completely out of the water on the side of the tank. Can he live if he stays there for a while or Gould I take him down ASAP? And will he go back into the water if he starts to die?

Jc_ellis

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can be out for limited times, they hold water inside their shell so they're not in immediate damage if they leave the water. It's probably above the water line to feast on whatever is growing their and will go down on its own when needed.

DFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
put it back in the tank. I had some nerite snails do that a lot when the temperature had dropped to 76 degrees Fahrenheit. Maybe a coincidence, but temp is at 79 now, and they stay in water.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost all of my snails will travel over the water line and get exposed to air daily. I have a lid on my tank and constantly find them laying on the underside if it. Most of mine are nerites which are pretty notorious for this I believe. The only snails I own that don't do this are nassarius.

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My turbo snail did that too. He seemed to ALWAYS be up at the water line or above. He's dead now tho. Not sure what happened to him, but he got sick and died.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back