Anybody have experience with reefcleaners.org?

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I orderd a cuc from reefcleaners.org and my shipment arrived today. I put them in the tank, but I really can't tell what is what. I could be wrong, and probably am, but it doesn't look like I got everything I ordered? I don't really know. I can't tell the ceriths from the nerites from the nassarius or anything. I ordered one Limpet, but I can't tell if any of these is the limpet, or if they forgot to put it in the bag. I ordered 5 different types of snails, but I only see 3 different types... They were in different bags. And there are baby hermits in with the snails. There is even one baby little hermit without a shell! I feel so bad for him he's scrambling around trying to find a shell but I don't have any for him. He's just a baby. I had to turn off my powerhead because it was blowing him around all over the tank poor thing. :(

What is your experience with reefcleaners? Did you get all the stuff you ordered? I'm so very confused.

One of the large cone shaped snails has a damaged/eaten through shell and there is what looks like a fireworm in it. Or some kinda worm... Should I keep this shell out of my tank because of the worm? I tried to pull it out with tweezers but I just broke it in half lol will it die?

merle.mitchell.7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will probably die. If it was in the Shell the snail is dead. I had a very large snail die in my tank. When I went to remove it, I began to smell it while it was still 6 - in under the water. I would do a total count of the products received. You can then break that down to descriptions and either do a Web search by photograph or contact the seller and read off the lists but if you think they messed up the order and the overall count is right; calling them without knowing what you have can make the process more complicated. I would contact them to see if the shipment is complete, if it is, advise there is a problem with the shipment. They may want photos or a return (not likely). Also advise them of the worm but also say it may have been a "Bristle Worm". They are more common, and I've discovered through research, work well in a clean up crew. They DO sting just like a fire worm but as I said, fire worms are not all that common and there is a diffrence. I had what I thought were hundreds of fire worms (and even the bristle worms) and thought they HAD to GO! I spent hours picking them from rocks, sand and filter blocks. Then I heard they were okay to have!

DFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefcleaners is the best vendor I have ever ordered from! They will answer all of your questions promptly by email. And any shortages, or dead stuff gets refunded. You can look at their site at the pictures of the items that you purchased.

merle.mitchell.7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a little test with one worm and two very small Snails (I sacrificed one) I put all three in a small bowl of tank water and just watched. Nothing happened for awhile and then the worm crossed over the live snail and began eating the dead one.

merle.mitchell.7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for your baby crab? Chances are very good that he had a shell and it was taken by another, he was pulled out of it, or left it for another shell but lost it before he could get in. If you can, when you buy crabs ask the seller if you can have extra shells of different sizes. As the crabs grow they have to size up in shells. As for the little guy you have now, see if you have a shell to offer. If not, you can try to get him out and put him by himself.

OP
OP
gemini9

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to count them, but the counts are off. It actually looks like I was shipped more than I ordered. lol I was looking at the pictures and stuff.... for example the dwarf cerith snails, I ordered 20 but was shipped about 70 of the little buggers. I got my emerald crab, my scarlet crab seems to be hardly moving at all.. my blue leg hermit...well he looks miserable too... I ordered 9 florida ceriths and counted 10.. I don't see my limpet anywhere. What looks like about 10 nerites when I ordered 6. Not complaining because I have some extra snails and all... but no limpet. :( looking over everything and through pictures, it's like I got extra... more than what I ordered, except for my limpet. And the scarlet looks depressed.. I'm wondering if he and the blue leg will make it.

SloppyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last order was horrible. Half of it came in dead and then all of the nerites climbed out and died. I had to order some more from somewhere else so I probably won't order from them again.

merle.mitchell.7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your blue leg crabs are good but aggressive. If you have quite a few you will get incidents of crabacide where the gather on a mob and begin fighting. You will have half eaten crabs floating everywhere. I like the Baja crabs red or white leg. They are calmer towards each other.

merle.mitchell.7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would still contact them about the limpet. You paid for it. The fact that they didn't count out the order is just lazy, not a gift.

merle.mitchell.7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also shows a disregard for a customers wants and needs. More is not always better. To many crabs/Snails and not enough for them to eat naturally and you will either have to feed them or they will die off.

Flatbrook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered from reef cleaners about a month ago. No crabs just snails. I ordered the 90 gal CUC and swear I received more than I ordered. I noticed a complete turnaround on my tank, and that's in a good way. I may have had a couple of deaths in shipping but in my opinion its to be expected. I am very happy with them and will defenatly order from them again.

Ericsch333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have ordered 3 times and never a problem just email or call them they will take care of you. One of the better venders out them he will rectify any problems you have.

jonny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably did get more than you ordered. Order with confidence from them..I as well as everyone I know who has ordered from them have been more than satisfied. Pretty gpod prices.

OP
OP
gemini9

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I'm not complaining about it so don't get me wrong. As for the blue legs, I only have 2, so I'm sure they will find a way to get along haha. One I purchased at lfs and the other from reefcleaners. I only have the one scarlet crab, so hopefully he makes it. It's kinda humous that I have some baby hermits mixed in with the dwarf snails. The emerald crab is awesome looking but he looks like a mean little sucker. He won't bother anything will he?

Flatbrook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. I'm not complaining about it so don't get me wrong. As for the blue legs, I only have 2, so I'm sure they will find a way to get along haha. One I purchased at lfs and the other from reefcleaners. I only have the one scarlet crab, so hopefully he makes it. It's kinda humous that I have some baby hermits mixed in with the dwarf snails. The emerald crab is awesome looking but he looks like a mean little sucker. He won't bother anything will he?

Your emerald shouldn't bother anything. Will eat anything dead though!

OP
OP
gemini9

gemini9

Newb!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I just tried to count all of the dwarf ceriths and I had to stop counting when I got to 100 lol. Well I'm sure he (emerald) will have lots of dead snails to eat. I'm not sure all these snails will be around too long lol I have a 30g tank. Only really needed 20 of them. But I got over 100 haha wow what am I gonna do with all these snails. Anybody wanna buy a snail off me? :p Some of them are super tiny...

Up2no6ood

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
reef cleaners is the best. contact them if you have a problem they will fix it.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It also shows a disregard for a customers wants and needs. More is not always better. To many crabs/Snails and not enough for them to eat naturally and you will either have to feed them or they will die off.

Exactly!! People thinking they're getting the best because they're getting so much. So very wrong!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back