new tank. 100% nutri-seawater. Advice please

ussj4brolli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys I just got a 75 gallon tank and just got 18 orders of 4.4 gallons of nutri seawater, and a hundred pounds of their live sand (black).

I purchased 70 LB of Premium Deco Gulf Live Rock, and some AQUACULTURED chaeto.

1. My tank also has a place in the back that is exactly like a bio cube in the rear. What else should I place back there besides a heater and possibly a protein skimmer. I have 4in width to deal with, about 1.5 FT deep. the last "chamber" is almost 2FT long.

LR in the last chamber, too? W/ or w/out sand? (this would be the place to put the skimmer and pump, too, correct)

The water and sand have arrived. the LR and Chaeto wont ship until Monday.

Should i place the water/heater/sand/pump in the tank and just let it run until the rest shows up?

I'm up for any ideas. My water should be delivered Thursday or Friday.
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B8XuU8_nLOq7aEJrRDN1T3RCRE0/edit

CoralHut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys I just got a 75 gallon tank and just got 18 orders of 4.4 gallons of nutri seawater, and a hundred pounds of their live sand (black).

I purchased 70 LB of Premium Deco Gulf Live Rock, and some AQUACULTURED chaeto.

1. My tank also has a place in the back that is exactly like a bio cube in the rear. What else should I place back there besides a heater and possibly a protein skimmer. I have 4in width to deal with, about 1.5 FT deep. the last "chamber" is almost 2FT long.

LR in the last chamber, too? W/ or w/out sand? (this would be the place to put the skimmer and pump, too, correct)

The water and sand have arrived. the LR and Chaeto wont ship until Monday.

Should i place the water/heater/sand/pump in the tank and just let it run until the rest shows up?

I'm up for any ideas. My water should be delivered Thursday or Friday.
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B8XuU8_nLOq7aEJrRDN1T3RCRE0/edit

1. I wouldn't put anything in the last chamber (except for maybe some chemical media) as you don't want to mess with the final water level. If you add a bunch of rock back there you won't have much for water level and you'll have to top off the tank more often as the rock will take some water volume out of the final chamber. If you have room in the other chambers that have a constant water level you can add chaeto or live rock but I would not add any sand back there.

2. Put the sand, water, and heater in the tank and get it running. You want the water ready for the rest of the stuff.

OP
OP
U

ussj4brolli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im confused? How will the water level of the last chamber affect the overall volume level? basically the chambers go:

(start of chambers)↓^↓^↓__Last chamber___ (pump to send water up) ↓(into the final chamber, that leads to the bottom of the sump to tank)

Am i missing something since im exhausted?

What about Chemi-pute elite, floss, sponge, etc?

Thank you for the help!!

CoralHut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last chamber is the only one affected by water loss due to evaporation since everything else will have a constant water level. Adding rock which will displace water to that chamber will take some of the volume out of the final chamber. Unless all the chambers run equally (which would destroy the point of having multiple chambers) you don't want anything other than the return pump in the final chamber. You can add chemipure (i recommend the chemipure blue line) or floss or foam or whatever you like to the other chambers. More mechanical filtration means more maintenance though so pick something easy to change.

Back