Will this be enough light?

Noah707

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I was originally planning on going with t5s but changed my mind 'cuz I don't want to change out the bulbs every half year or so. I already have the marine land reef capable leds, which I was using on a fish only freshwater tank. Since that's probably not enough I was thinking of supplementing it with the 24-36" current usa marine led. I think it comes out to like 45ws total with both fixtures. I know wattage isn't as important with leds, but is this enough to grow a wide variety of corals in a 20 gallon? Thankss

Steven@

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think u will be ok in that size tank... May need to put sps up higher in tank closer to the light.

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I was originally planning on going with t5s but changed my mind 'cuz I don't want to change out the bulbs every half year or so. I already have the marine land reef capable leds, which I was using on a fish only freshwater tank. Since that's probably not enough I was thinking of supplementing it with the 24-36" current usa marine led. I think it comes out to like 45ws total with both fixtures. I know wattage isn't as important with leds, but is this enough to grow a wide variety of corals in a 20 gallon? Thankss
Since I have been shopping for LED's for our regular 29g. I emailed Current USA and said that it will support Softies and LPS and I will need two fixtures. Hope this helps.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back