New Gyer unpacked tonight !!!!

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well is unpacked, but wont be getting wet till the weekend. Looks good, like the slimline profile compared to the 4 tuzes i run now.. instrucitons look complicated so will be studying over the next few days. Will update when Ive had it running over the weekend...thanks
Box Opened.jpg
all parts.jpg
Size comparison.jpg

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!

OP
OP
Lesley

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noob question.... what's a gyer?
googke. Maxspect gyer vs 2 mp40's. Watch the video. It's a new concept in flow that is supposed to eliminate all dead spots. Even the corners. It's not a stupid question. No such thing in reefing

LPS Hunter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
googke. Maxspect gyer vs 2 mp40's. Watch the video. It's a new concept in flow that is supposed to eliminate all dead spots. Even the corners. It's not a stupid question. No such thing in reefing

or...

[video=youtube;GID4pFUNJts]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GID4pFUNJts[/video]

Electrobes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice piece of technology. Where would you put this in your tank?

It goes close to the water surface horizontally in the back (Really good for a Pennisula tank) or about midway into the tank vertically to create a gyre that way.

OP
OP
Lesley

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our current tank 6.2 x 2.5 x 2.5 trying in that first. Back overflow. We really bought for new build due soon. Peninsular 7.2 x 2.5 x 2.5 left had external weir. Hoping to put in iverflow box at 1 end if powerful enough. If not 2 vertically either side of rock scape still left side. All depends how deep the gyer penetrates as both the tanks a fairly deep. Will update as soon as worked out the dam instructions. Lol

OP
OP
Lesley

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rrp in Australia is $399. For 50w. They were originally going with. 35w. So I assume that's the price difference.

OP
OP
Lesley

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG !!!!

OMG !!!!

OMG !!!!

Well its in the tank...we have a 6.2 x 2.5 x 2.2 . (not sure of the order it should be in so depth is the 2.5) fairly deep tank.
When we first turned it on it was auto set to 60% - Well goodbye corals. Helio on the sand bed (far end of the tank) was gone under a cave to the back of the tank. Large torch (i mean large skeleton) was blown off the rocks and well the fish were swimming their hardest and not moving.
The **** that came off the far end sand bed was embarrassing.
Its was just too much so we quickly turned it off.

Try again..Instructions read at leas 20 times today and still not clear. Hubby getting a hang of it now so try again.

Turn back on and this time 30%, corals a little happier, not getting blown around, so we take the time to correct the ones that have become floating missiles.
Still to strong for the corals, fish a bit happier though.

So we now try it at 20%. Perfect. Corals swaying very nicely, fish seem happy and we are now trying to work out pulse mode. As we though (haha) pulse every 10sec from 20 to 30% might be nice. Will have to see how it goes.
Very quiet, no noise in fact silent as !
Think the Tunzes will be up for sale very shortly.
extremely impressed with the power this thing has, but still very unimpressed with the instruction. Just cant work out how to set the darn thing right.
Will keep you posted.
Just thought I would let you know its wet.....lol​

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 97 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back