coralife 29 biocube

Jorge-al

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i have decided to star the 29g biocube what will be a good heater that will fit in the 3 chamber of my biocube, on the first chamber i will put protein skimmer, 2chamber media basket and fuge basket.

polancoeddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my protein skimmer and heater on chamber 1. If you place your heater in chamber 3 the water level may drop and ruin your heater. I took out the trap door in chamber 1 and the heater fits perfectly.

polancoeddie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oceanic protein skimmer. I wouldn't recommend. It works but you have to play around with it

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Cobalt neotherm 100 watt in chamber 3 with no problems. You do not have to pay attention to the min and max line on the side. I fill my water level in chamber 3 clear up to the nozzle for the pump return. If you are letting your water level drop low enough to cause an issue with your heater you will have bigger problems with your salinity! I manually top my tank off every other day and have never had it get close to being an issue. I push the heater to the bottom and on the side where the little window is.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a recommended upgrade for your tank! Remove the Bio-balls they will only become nitrate factories. Look into the in-tank media basket. I also use a aquaticlife 115 mini-skimmer in chamber 1. Works good enough but been thinking about getting the new tunze nano skimmer that replaced the 9002. I also replaced the return pump with a Rio-6hf pump. If you ever decide to upgrade the lights I recommend the rapid led retro kit. I like that light a lot.

OP
OP
Jorge-al

Jorge-al

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot for the advice for now i will only buy the media basket and then i will go for the skimmer i kind like the stock light and most ppl say that are good

Back