Max spect gyre

kilo5147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the gyre 150 it's a great pump my question is at night time do I lower the setting so it's not strong R can u set this up on controller so it does it on its own

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the gyre 150 it's a great pump my question is at night time do I lower the setting so it's not strong R can u set this up on controller so it does it on its own

I don't think the controller has that capability. Is it your only pump? If not you can put it on a timer and turn it off at night. But why do you want to anyway?

OP
OP
kilo5147

kilo5147

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just asking if I needed too. And yes I took all other pumps out there was no need for them anymore

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do turn mine down manually every night, not off but I turn from pulsing at 60% to continues at 20% on both of them. I do this because I feed my corals at lights off, and if there is too much flow the corals find it had to capture and feed properly (or so I have heard). Never noticed any problems with doing this at all, I just turn back to preset pulsing mode in the morning.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do turn mine down manually every night, not off but I turn from pulsing at 60% to continues at 20% on both of them. I do this because I feed my corals at lights off, and if there is too much flow the corals find it had to capture and feed properly (or so I have heard). Never noticed any problems with doing this at all, I just turn back to preset pulsing mode in the morning.

When I am feeding coral (or fish for that matter) I just use the feed mode on the Gyre which shuts it off for 10 minutes at a time (I run it twice for a total of twenty minutes). It then resumes your normal mode.

Lesley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah. When feeding fish I use feed mode but corals take a lot longer to feed aminos etc. so that's just what I do. !

Back