Am I asking for trouble?

newatsalt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is 4 months old. Within the last 2 weeks, I developed a diatom bloom which is going away. I am educating myself and have been dependent on reef2 reef for my issues thus far. This week I discovered phosphates. Don't how great API is but I picked up a kit last week and my testing resulted in 2 ppm phosphate.

My question is: Would it be okay to mix rowaphos and rox .8 in my Nextreef MR1 reactor or should I go a different route? I am thinking about doing away with my chemi pure elite and purigen.

Thank you in advance

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had great results with Rowaphos in dealing with high levels of Phosphates.
keep in mind it is a slow process and the lower your levels go the slower they seem to drop as your rocks and sand start leaching phosphate in the water.

Stephanie11

Fragaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, there shouldn't be anything negative. From the directions don't wash the rowaphos. I'd rinse the rox first and then mix the rowaphos in, just be careful not to break rox grains too much. Then follow according directions to the rowaphos. I'd still flush the reactor till it runs clear. Maybe someone else will chime in.

I mix rox and brs high capacity gfo at a 2:1 ratio. I don't tumble in my reactor. Rowaphos might have a different ratio. But if it were me I'd do about the same as so the gfo won't clump.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back