Need help

jman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in crossville tn and was recently hit with a major ice storm and power was out for 5 days with no back up generator and I have lost all my fish and coral which wasn't much in a 14 gal biocube but does anyone have any pointers on starting over to rebuild any will help thanks

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your losses! I would take the time and change anything that you don't like about the tank. How long was the tank up? If it wasn't long, I would just do regular water changes and watch the parameters. The tank will cycle and once you get the parameters in check would be the time to add critters. If the tank had been running longer than a year, I would probably replace the sand. The sand could have lots of stuff rotting in it. Good luck!!

OP
OP
J

jman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had the tank for about a year myself. When I got the tank from a friend I changed from sand to crushed shells which seemed to work very well. I have took everything I could apart and cleaned it. So that I am ready for a fresh start. I have some pictures of it on my profile.

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that sucks. But you get to fix the things you did not like the last time. As mentioned let the tank cycle and start over. Good Luck and don't give up.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back