Media

Knoxjoelee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purigen or chemi pure elite? Running some phosban right now then I heard after that run one of these two, what one is better?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run purigen and bulk reef supply ROX carbon. I have them in 2 separate bags, but for both I use "the bag" from purigen. The BRS ROX stuff is small and many bags won't hold it very well. I would skip the chemi pure - many like it, but for saltwater it's really just carbon and a small amount of phosphate binder which you already have in phosban.

OP
OP
Knoxjoelee

Knoxjoelee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks a lot now I'm running my phosban in the bag they gave me in a canister running it between two floss pads should I take out the phosban before I run the purigen ? An should I run it the same way?

hart24601

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are quite a few ways you can run it. I just let the bag of purigen and carbon sit in my sump near the exit of my skimmer. I wouldn't remove the phoban, they all bind different things. Purigen is also very fine, so I would just buy the prebagged one, otherwise it will probably escape the floss pads.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use phosban and purigen together no problem. My phosban is in a reactor, which makes it work a little better.

Back