QT Tank very cloudy

vzmartinii

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my QT tank is very very cloudy it is a 20 gallon tank with 3 small clowns, i noticed today that the water has gotten very cloudy. i have not been as diligent with my water changes as i should have been since i have been doing the copper treatment and the only filtration is a filter with filter floss. i have always heard that you should only use filter floss when doing the treatment, now that i am done is it ok for me to add a regular filter media with carbon? i just want to try to get rid of the cloudiness before its too late. im still going to change the water tomorrow but i want to be working on a solution for now , so is that ok?

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
carbon removes the copper you can either empty it out and use the water from your main tank and clean out all the filter pads and media or try my method for ich even though u may not have ich. Remove the fish and place in a quarantine tank. Do not add any sand but do add live or dry for the fish to hide in. Place a heater and keep the temperature at 80 degrees farenheight. Keep the lights on a low and only feed garlic added foods or soak frozen food with Garlic Xtreme by Kent Marine or Garlic Guard by Seachem. I reccomend using Copper Power as the medicine to treat ich as it works well and I've had great success especially with Tangs. Run good flow and don't use any carbon or activated carbon in the filter for the quarantine. I reccomend using sponge filters or just running a pump instead of a filter. Keep the fsh fed. Keep them in the quarantine tank for about 4-8 weeks based on the health of the fish and then see if there are any ich signs remaining. After the signs are gone remain keeping the fish in quarantine for about 2 more weeks just to be on the safe side. Also lowering salinity in your quarantine to 2.018 will slow the ich process of reproducing down. However lower the salinity of your quarantine while the fish are in it. Do not lower and then add the fish. Your fish may be in shock and stress out even more if you do. If your tank is overstocked and your quarantine contains alot of fish i recommend running two quarantine tanks. Now you will have high nitrates and nitrites do to no bacteria and pollution of your quarantine that is fine just dose Stability by Seachem and always test your water quality.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back