0   0   0
Sump Its best place to put algae scrubber not display tank

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually you can if you want to. Something like the Santa Monica HOG/Surf scrubbers can be used in the DT. It comes down to how you feel about looking at it in your DT.
Can u put an algae scrubber in a display tank not the sump

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you absolutely can place a UAS in the DT. Not a waterfall scrubber, though. You can put a waterfall scrubber on top of a DT, I run my personal tank like this - scrubber on the back corner, pump in the tank (sumpless 120 2'x2'x4')

OP
OP
R

Ree

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you absolutely can place a UAS in the DT. Not a waterfall scrubber, though. You can put a waterfall scrubber on top of a DT, I run my personal tank like this - scrubber on the back corner, pump in the tank (sumpless 120 2'x2'x4')

Please tell me MORE about your sumpless. What protein skimmer do you use? I think my skimmer is detrimental to my tank at this point with nitrates to numerous to count the last month I've had 1 1/2" of output NOT ENOUGH. I've tried dialing it up and down without success. I have a CPR back pack:/
What do your levels run?
Can you send a picture of your tank?
I need hope!!

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use anything except a scrubber, haven't tested in a while but every time I do N=0 and P usually 0.02-0.06 maybe. Only algae on the glass. If I use a razor scraper it doesn't come back strong for a few weeks, but if I just use a magfloat no razor the coraline buildup lets it grow back faster. That's it though.

It's a 2 cube/day scrubber and I feed at least that much, usually about 1-1.5 sq in of either a DIY food or LRS Reef Frenzy. Sometimes 2 sq in. Only big fish is a yellow tang, then half a dozen huge BG chromis, a melanarus wrasse, bangii, 2 clowns, and I have an 18" wide x 18" tall elephant ear leather, can't say he doesn't soak up some nutrients too.

OP
OP
R

Ree

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use anything except a scrubber, haven't tested in a while but every time I do N=0 and P usually 0.02-0.06 maybe. Only algae on the glass. If I use a razor scraper it doesn't come back strong for a few weeks, but if I just use a magfloat no razor the coraline buildup lets it grow back faster. That's it though.

It's a 2 cube/day scrubber and I feed at least that much, usually about 1-1.5 sq in of either a DIY food or LRS Reef Frenzy. Sometimes 2 sq in. Only big fish is a yellow tang, then half a dozen huge BG chromis, a melanarus wrasse, bangii, 2 clowns, and I have an 18" wide x 18" tall elephant ear leather, can't say he doesn't soak up some nutrients too.

I'm curious about your scrubber ? Where it's located what you do with it what it looks like ? Sorry to be nosey! I need to find a good resolution to the nitrate issue. Before this tread I never heard of a scrubber... So I'm starting from scratch here.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry just been really busy, and still kind of am. It's one of mine, L2, 4x6 screen, LEDs on both sides. I'll see what I can do for posting something soon, bump the thread if I don't get something posted in a few days

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back