AEFW and red bugs

Yerboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For your enjoyment i expose my tank to you. lol here is my AEFW and Red bug pictures.
Hopefully this will help people diagnose there own problems so as to not spread these vial creatures to others tanks. cough cough**.
AEFW.jpg

In this photo you can clearly see the small round bit marks on the acro, i have also highlighted the smal batch of AEFW eggs i see in the photo. hopefully the next time i pull these piece out i will snap some close ups of the AEFW themselves, and their eggs. Also you can see a few red bugs that survived my interceptor treatment.
redbugs.jpg

also in this photo you can better see some red bugs munching on my acros.

OP
OP
Yerboy

Yerboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
friends don't give friends AEFW!!!
Inspect your corals, dip them, put them in the microwave whatever you have to do to ensure you don't propagate these little *******s in your system.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice close up pics.You must have a cool camera like H@rry does.I never have been able to get good close up pics.

Dave3112

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured it was but you got me thinking. I wonder if something like 5 seconds would kill the eggs without killing the frag?

HAHA! Only one way to find out! Do it in the name of science! :bad_smelly:

SaltWaterDave

NEPA Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the great pics! I've dealt with both, but would much rather tackle the Red Bugs than AEFW. It's a breeze to get rid of the Red Bugs. Those AEFW are a pain in the butt to get get the upper hand on.

OP
OP
Yerboy

Yerboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mike over at homegrown hooked my up with a couple acro crabs that i placed in that above colony. I will give them a few more weeks then i will pull the colony and inspect for marks. I hope that the crabs will have finished off the flatworms once and for all. Back when the AEFW outbreak first started this was the only colony not effected and it had 2 large acro crabs living in it. I dosed interceptor to fight a red bug infestation and it killed the acro crabs and then became infested with the AEFW.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.2%
Back