Do you want fast growth and great color?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Orphek

Orphek- Aquarium LED lighting
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CORAL COLOR and FAST GROWTH = PR72 AND WATER CHEMISTRY
The PR72 LED Pendant is one of Orphek’s latest products recently unveiled at MACNA 2012. This milestone was fueled by Orphek’s desire to produce an affordable dimmable LED pendant which would fulfill the needs of many reefkeepers without sacrificing PAR/PUR values.

The PR72 uses the same high technology LEDs found in their best selling LED pendant, the PR156. It comes equipped with a RJ45 cable that will interface with the Neptune VDM Lighting Module for no extra charge.

Using our advanced PR156 LED technology allows the PR72 to penetrate tanks 28 inches in depth with enough PAR/PUR to support all coral growth. PAR tests were carried out on the PR72 at the recent MACNA Conference in Dallas, Texas and the results were stunning

Check out more info here:

http://orphek.com/led/2012/10/coral-color-and-fast-growth/

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fast growth and great color is what I want, especially with my chalices and Space Invader pectinia, but doesn't water perameters play a huge role in it too?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes Wesley, water parameters do play a very crucial role in the coloration and growth of corals. However lighting plays a huge role as well and providing the ideal spectrum and eliminating the unwanted ones will maximize the potential in your tank.

Here is a picture of one of our test tanks.
imgp1242corals-pr72-orphek-aquarium-led-lightingcorals-pr72-orphek-aquarium-led-lighting.jpg

TDTA1181

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this unit haven't set it up yet though.'m looking to put it in my sump to grow frags out. Still a little confused though. I have to have the apex module to dim the light? Or is it dimmable with out it?

OP
OP
Orphek

Orphek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The PR72 is dimmable with the full Apex module and only requires the VDM module on the Apex Jr. and Aqua Lite models. The Apex has built in 0-10v dimming ports and will control the PR72 without any additional modules.

Vpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about DA reef keeper lite? Any configuration or extra parts is needed to make it work as a Apex?. And how far does it spread out?
Much appreciated for the input.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back