Fixing white balance under LED

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I recently got back in the hobby & I can not figure out how to fix the white balance on my pictures under LEDs. I never had this problem under other lighting. I have an older version of photoshop & shoot in raw format. Any help is appreciated.

The first two to look about right. Then some turn out like the third.

It seems the some pictures turn out better if I do not shoot in Raw format. what the heck

I have used auto, then tired going threw levels clicking on what is supposed to be white, black , grey & it still does not fix it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sailfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well with some more messing around I fixed it. I needed to adjust the color temp of the picture in raw to around 20,000

Fixed pictures

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found that when dealing with LEDS, I shoot eveything in my tank in RAW. then with photoshop I adjust it back to about 16,000k and then bring them into photoshop for sharpening. or if I am lazy, i batch them back into JPEG and leave them.

basic jpeg from camera
DSC_7385.jpg

After some shop work.

DSC_7385 (Large).jpg

Last edited:

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have photoshop or any programs like that so I don't shoot in raw. I found if I shoot in the cameras "shade" mode my pics come out the best.

Preyou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try using GIMP. It is free and offers a lot of the features that you get in Photoshop.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, you can white balance the camera to your lighting. Put a white piece of plastic in the tank and then you can manually set the white balance to this. works pretty good. I know on my Nikon, I zoomed in and took a blury photo so that the white filled the entire image. then went to settings and manually set it to that photo.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%

Back