Got my first dslr

reefbandit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a used canon rebel xsi today. Never used a dslr before so was a bit lost but here's a couple pictures I took. Some reef related some not. Any tips are appreciated. For the tank pics I learned how to white balance after the fact so now I know how to somewhat correct for the overly blue look.

test 001.jpg
test 004.jpg
test 053.jpg

Chameleon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I just got my first DSLR about a week ago and what I found helped my shots a lot was getting a post image processing software and doing some white balance. I tried lightroom 5 and even practiced on some jpegs from my smartphone before my DSLR came in. Also shooting in raw will let you have more control over post image processing. An alternative to lightroom that is free is GIMP but it runs more like photoshop and is bit less new user friendly than lightroom.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are running a mac, you can use Fotor for free.. it is a nice program that lets you edit the white balance no matter what way you shoot (jpg, gif, raw, tif )

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are running a mac, you can use Fotor for free.. it is a nice program that lets you edit the white balance no matter what way you shoot (jpg, gif, raw, tif )

Ooo, nice. I've been wondering what else I could use on my MacBook. Thanks!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back