Just ordered a NEW Lens for my DSLR! Stoked!

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally pulled the trigger on a Canon - 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM lens, I have been wanting one of these for a long time. :bigsmile:.

Are there any tips on this lens? (Canon 50d)
Also if you have this lens or the non IS model macro please post some shots that you have taken.

Any help is greatly appreciated!1smile1

Thanks in advance

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! That lens is on my wish list. A buddy of mine has the 60mm macro and its awesome. Its so much easier to get nice shots with it especially compared to the stock lens.

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow congrats on the lense cannot wait to see the pics you post I have the canon body but still need to get the lense also so hopefully when you post your pics I can sell the idea to the wife and get mine..

akabryanhall

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow nice score, more than a little jealous! On my wishlist as well!!

OP
OP
AquaWorldPSC

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! That lens is on my wish list. A buddy of mine has the 60mm macro and its awesome. Its so much easier to get nice shots with it especially compared to the stock lens.
if the 60mm is awesome the 100mm should be nice! You just got me more excited lol.

wow congrats on the lense cannot wait to see the pics you post I have the canon body but still need to get the lense also so hopefully when you post your pics I can sell the idea to the wife and get mine..

Haha, I will try to take some really good pics for you to show your wife ;)

Wow nice score, more than a little jealous! On my wishlist as well!!

THanks!

hokey1499

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice pick up, i've had my eye on the same lens....just can't convince the wife it's a good idea to buy one :)

re-fin-away

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great choice I still have not convinced the wife to even get a DSLR yet. Maybe if drop the one I have in the tank I could. Cant wait to see some pics from you. Congrats.

OP
OP
AquaWorldPSC

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics are coming in a half hour or so, bear with me please, living on 52 hours of sleep. :tire::go: I can't wait until I get to sleep haha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AquaWorldPSC

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first shots with the new lens:still_dreaming:
PLease let me know what you think and what improvements I can make.

c5aac1e2.jpg

82255acc.jpg

80417460.jpg

bf6cd916.jpg

9497f255.jpg

af033f44.jpg

0f2dcb62.jpg

828f747f.jpg

fd708e52.jpg

Alattner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man i think your new lends is the bomb. your pictures are fantastic. the quality just blows my mind

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW! Insane pics man. It looks like you have been using that lens for ages. When I break the piggy bank and get a dslr I'm going to have to stop over and get some lessons from you...:wink: I never realized you had a two headed turtle in the store......guess I'm always blinded by all the coral goodies....like a moth to a flame I don't see anything else in the store....lol

OP
OP
AquaWorldPSC

AquaWorldPSC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL two headed Turtle??? That is crazy!
Yes indeed! lol he's very cool.

man i think your new lends is the bomb. your pictures are fantastic. the quality just blows my mind
:bigsmile: THanks!
Very nice! So out of curiousity, is the turtle yours? And if so do its two heads fight over food...:)
The turtle is more of a store pet haha. THis two headed turtle rare compared to others because both heads lead to the same organ, stomach, heart and etc minus the brain lol. As long as 1 head gets food the other head is good. It does occasionally not agree with each other and swim in circles like if you only paddled a canoe on one side. :xd:

WOW! Insane pics man. It looks like you have been using that lens for ages. When I break the piggy bank and get a dslr I'm going to have to stop over and get some lessons from you...:wink: I never realized you had a two headed turtle in the store......guess I'm always blinded by all the coral goodies....like a moth to a flame I don't see anything else in the store....lol

Thanks Paul! Lol ill be honest do don't that much about the camera . Canon stuff is just so high quality and easy to use its great for beginners and both the professionals. (Haven't used nikon) I can't believe you have never seen it! It's in the first 55 gallon by the counter lol. I figured you would of seen him on the news last year (WPXI) haha. Have you seen our alligators? lol you can't miss those!
When you get a DSLR I can help ya out :wink:

Jcr's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I really need to get one of those...and I'm not talking about the two headed turtle :) although that would be cool

RogerWilco357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow nice pictures I too have that lens on my list of things to buy this year where did you finally get it from looking for someone who has a nice guarantee and stands behind the products they sell as I will be buying alot more to outfit my camera .

Back