Who has a pred tank?

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any out there with dedicated pred tanks? Not necessarily fowlr, just predator of some kind.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did/will :)
My puffer died recently so I'm down to a snowflake eel for predators. He's being moved onto my 120 later down the road once it's stocked a bit more. If I can convince the fiancé, the 120 will be all scorps, lions and eels with maybe a colourful puffer as the show off fish.
I have a 5 gal with a fortescue in it, but he's only an inch long at the moment. He'll be moved to the 120 when he grows a bit more. I had two, but one wouldn't eat so I let him go in the ocean.
I'd love an octopus and a cuttlefish one day too!

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my stingray tank. I will be moving in this summer and upgrading so I stopped worrying about the aesthetics. I will post videos and pictures of my 265 later.

[video=youtube;cZCJd0I1irk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZCJd0I1irk[/video]

schlitz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 120 gallon with a lionfish, a trigger and a lunar wrasse who somehow get along with two Clarki clowns, three damsels and a Koran anglefish. I keep trying to put a snowflake eel in there but the first two haven't survived. Nothing cooler than watching the lion and the trigger play tug of war on a piece of food.

LetItReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would like to have a Lionfish and an Eel; space is now somewhat limited of few inches but it can be done :smile:

nwreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We've got a 100 gallon bowfront that we're upgrading to a 265 in a month.

Panther Grouper
Miniatus Grouper
Dog Face Puffer
Porcupine Puffer
Picasso Trigger
Green Wolf Eel
Snowflake Eel
One Spot FoxFace
Volitan lionfish

The fastest grower in the tank is the lion hands down. Bought him @ 2-2.5" 3 months ago and is probably pushing 6.5" Most aggressive eater is the Porcupine....he'll steal food if I don't feed him first. So far everyone has played well together, minus a few territorial disputes from the Green Wolf Eel and the Miniatus, no harm to either one just minor chasing out of hiding hole.

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got any pics of the wolf eel? :)
It's surprising the lion is growing faster than the groupers. I know lions, particularly the volatins, can be fast growers, but I wouldn't have a expected that!

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds like a cool tank! Green wolf eels are very cool, I had one for quite a while myself.

nwreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have some pics of the wolf eel...I'll post em up if I do. Yeah the lions growth is pretty crazy. Both groupers are about 6" the miniatus was 4" when I got it and the Panther was about 2.5" they've been in the tank 5 months. When I got the lion I fed him as much as he'd eat daily. Now he eats couple times a week. Yeah they're all cool the puffers are dog tame and come right up to the top when feeding and take food from my hands.

Nutnut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did.. Then I went to reef, here's a picture off my predatory tank, had a volition, fuzzy, fumantu, snowflake, Picasso, porcupine, undulatus trigger, spotted crouper, 2x domino damsels
image.jpg

OP
OP
rayn

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Predator reefs are cool! Definitely takes balance to grow corals with messy fish.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back