Large volume protein skimmer advice

operationtidalwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for a skimmer that can handle a 1000-1500 gallon propagation setup. Does anyone have any recommendations or know of a site that sells skimmers that big? I've been looking at RK2 skimmers but haven't had much luck in my search for alternatives. Thanks!

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would stay away from the solar components skimmers. I was just working on one earlier in the day and to say the least I'm not a big fan of them. I would look at the mrc skimmers,saw them at macna last year and they were nice. Great build quality and some cool features such as automatic collection cup cleanings that you can set on a schedule. Also reach out to reef octopus, they make commercial size skimmers as well. You can also look at the line of commercial skimmers from skimz. Also nice quality skimmers.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Octopus makes a SRO8000, but its only up to 1300g tanks, you may look at that one, and see if it fits, I just thought it was a bit under rated for your needs.

OP
OP
O

operationtidalwave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for the feedback. Every time I try googling for big skimmers 99% of the links go to walmart.com for some skimmer run by an air stone and stuff like that.

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
talk to steve at bashsea - he will custom size a skimmer for your system needs. excellent company. awesome skimmers.

cheers,
ben

nitrox36

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 1400 gallon system, that is fully stocked and a frag grow out system attached with 6 to 8 fish in it. My DT has approx 40 fish with about 8 different tangs. I agree the ASM skimmer is IMO the best (for me). I am running the ASM G5X. For a little over a year now and am VERY happy. Just my Opinion ...Good Luck!!

Just_me_Dupree

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a big fan of the Skimz skimmer...might wanna look into the SM302...Im currently running a SM252 on about 400 gl system and its a beast!

Back