Receiving coral shipment

LukeV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you acclimate corals after long shipping? How do you acclimate without causing acid burn from the spike of PH when the oxygen level increases? Should you dip them or will that cause unneeded stress? What coral dip would you recommend, I am a little skeptical about using Bayer. Thanks

kacrocorals581

Gotta have that acro
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bayer all I use and I have a qt tank I don't dip tell after it gets happy in there and dip before it goes to my DT and I've used bayer for yrs for a whole Lotta corals

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will float the bags in a quarantine tank if there are a lot corals to unpack. Then I open up the bags and pack them into a 5 gallon bucket(still inside the bags).I will periodically add water from the aquarium over a 1-2 hour period,being careful not to let the bucket get cold.I like to check the salinity of the incoming purchases as well.I would suggest always dipping new corals,no exceptions.Yes it will cause your corals more stress,but so will parasites.I was originally hesitant to use Bayer,however I have used it many times and have found that it is gentle.Just be sure to rinse the dip off well with extra tank water.l also use Revive when I suspect flat worms.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back