In tank frag rack

manateeamm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for an acrylic frag rack to place inside my tank, and I am no having any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

OP
OP
M

manateeamm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome NanaReefer, this was a really insightful post. If I hadn't already spent time on google looking for one, this would have been a lot of help. Not surprised this response came from a yooper.

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geo's Reef has some nice ones that hook onto the plastic trim of the tank. They also make one for rimless I believe

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! What kind of rack are you looking for magnetic to stick to the glass or something for a frag tank? If magnetic I would steer away from an acrylic one. They don't look very good and tend to come with pretty weak magnets. I would suggest looking into the frag stations from the alternative reef. They look great in the tank and have very strong magnets. If you're looking for one for a frag tank I would suggest the ones from the blue glow. I have them and love them.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture of where you can see the frag station in my tank when I first got it. It has since colored up much like live rock.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1429587736.028177.jpg
(upper left)
Can't find a decent picture of the whole thing colored up but you can see it under the frags in the picture.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

manateeamm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for a hang-on or magnetic. I did look at the GEO but I wasn't sure if it would stay on as I have a canopy surrounding my tank. I also found the black rock reef magnetic frag rack, but I ma not sure if the are in business anymore as their website has not been updated since 2012.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't find a reseller of the Alternative Reef magnetic racks, any suggestions Culater94?

Send a pm to Gooch he is the owner of alternative reef. I'm sure he can help you out. gooch

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back