fragging a leather ???

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do i need to pull it out of the tank and keep it in another tank till im done snipping it?? i have a green spaghetti coral that i would like to frag.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pull it out, do the fragging OUTSIDE the main tank, these get mad when you frag and that means TROUBLE for you other corals! i would frag and wash and rinse every piece a lot with salt water before putting back into main tank!

if you have another tank to put the mother and babies in i would i just dont trust mad leathers!

OP
OP
customcolor

customcolor

The coRal nuT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the input.....how long should i leave them in the other tank? would a iodine dip help them to relax

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i recently fragged my leather almost in half and it was huge.....the baby was full extension with in an hour...i sat it in a cup with sand inside the tank....the mother was ticked and just closed up for a couple of days....had a couple of black spots and then opened back up to about the same side before i fragged.....sheesh
i had extra fresh salt water on hand to clean them with and then just placed right back into the tank...no dips for me

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would pull it out, do the fragging OUTSIDE the main tank, these get mad when you frag and that means TROUBLE for you other corals! i would frag and wash and rinse every piece a lot with salt water before putting back into main tank!
+1

I frag them in a lil tupperware full of SW, then do 100% water changes on the tupperware about five times before placing them back into the tank. Change your carbon. If you see them still giving off all kinds of "crap" (toxins) in the water (will look a bit oily) do a water change on the display.

aquascapesofla

zoakeeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

if you have another tank to put the mother and babies in i would i just dont trust mad leathers!

+2

Iodine is not a bad idea in this case. Kills infection.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back