Coral Dipping Products

birdsnest

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have been using lugol's to dip when i get new corals. but i am curious to see what others use or if there is something better.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite one is Coral Revive . I have been using it for almost a yr . But then I just got a free CoralRX and its good as well

w0r1d5m1n3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
revive doesn't kill flatworms? does it still do something to get them off of the surface?

w0r1d5m1n3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have seen it "stun" them but i have done experiments with heavy doses of revive and flatworms are able to survive it.

i am anxious to test with the bottle of coral RX i just picked up
I guess that gives me reason to be extra vigilant when dipping and inspecting new corals. Darn those flat worms.

Reef 5etup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im very newbie when it comes to ReVive as i recently picked some up and hope its the right one or if there's others? On the bottle i got it is made from two little fishies? and it saids ReVive CORAL CLEANER, i haven't used it yet but would like to know if it's the right one before i use it?

w0r1d5m1n3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im very newbie when it comes to ReVive as i recently picked some up and hope its the right one or if there's others? On the bottle i got it is made from two little fishies? and it saids ReVive CORAL CLEANER, i haven't used it yet but would like to know if it's the right one before i use it?
yeah it's the right one. make sure you baste and closely inspect your corals.

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Revive as well. It does indeed kill flatworms (planaria) when I dip with it.

I have also heard good things about CoralRx, but am currently satisfied with Revive.

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dont dip for more than 3-5 minutes.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont dip for more than 3-5 minutes.

?

I dip for 15min + depending on the piece.

Revive is very harmless unless it is used on sensitive thin branched acro's.

Shadowramy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Revive for general dipping. But I really like CoralRx, it seems to kill just about anything quickly. Its much stronger than revive but just as gentil on the corals. I dont like lugols or TMPCC with SPS, especially acros because iodine based dip can sometimes stain the coral.

I have been doing some testing with fresh water dips and so far I am getting some pretty good results. You must use RO/DI and bring the tempature and pH up to normal system water. The dip is a series of dips for 30 seconds. You can actually see the AEFW fall off the coral and turn from a brown/red to white and die. The FW body structure just cannot handle the freshwater and it immediatley kills them.

However still nothing for the eggs.

nater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so then a good regiment would be to do an interceptor treatment if your really cautious and dip in revive or coralRX? maybe QT tank for furthur inspections? i know i need to learn more on this subject. i am just getting to my third week of redbug treatment and i don't think i will ever not dip after this.

ReeferRob

Give me your Brains!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
?

I dip for 15min + depending on the piece.

Revive is very harmless unless it is used on sensitive thin branched acro's.

+1

I've accidentally left a monti in a batch the other day over night and it was just fine the next day.
I've also mixed up two cap full in less than 2 cups of tank water with out any ill effects. I have done this with every type of coral there is.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back