Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
avastnameit_zps149d1a5a.jpg

Avast Marine has come out with another cool and useful aquarium product and they need our help! Just like in times before they need a name for this product and are looking to us to come up with the best new name! Of course they want a name that will keep in theme with their pirate/nautical theme!

1. Come up with a pirate/nautical themed name and post it here in this thread. (enter as many time as you like but make it good, HA)

2. If your name is chosen you will WIN this product X shipped to your door!

3. Contest starts NOW and will end in about 2 weeks and Avast Marine will pick their favorite name.

So what is the product all about? Here it is!

Product X is our latest project aiming to simplify a reefers maintenance schedule. We have taken two of our ultra reliable pressure sensors and combined them with a smart control unit to allow complete automation of RODI water management. Product X works by sensing when your top off reservoir is almost completely empty and activates a heavy duty solenoid valve to start your RODI unit up. A top level sensor detects when the reservoir is completely full and automatically shuts down production until the container is empty again. Indicator lights are included to let you know the system status at a glance.

Not only does Product X completely automate top off water production, it also extends the life of your DI resin to it's maximum potential which can easily pay for the initial cost of the system. We have also included a Quick Fill button which allows you to simply press a button to fill your reservoir to the top, very handy when your anticipating the need for a little extra water on hand for various maintenance uses.

Product X is a complete system, there are no extra valves or components needed for fitting it to your container. The installation is simple and it takes only a few minutes to drill a couple holes in the top of your bucket and screw the system to the lid, a template is included to make it even easier. Take a look at our installation and setup sheet for more details.

This system is very well suited for small top off reservoirs that conventionally have been difficult to keep full on a regular basis without the effort of lugging buckets or wasting resin by keeping the bucket full at all times with a float valve. It is equally at home on larger remote vessels that run dry often due to "out of sight, out of mind" circumstances. We have even heard of people using timers, filling in a bathtub and other wacky solutions that all require time away from enjoying your tank from the front rather than the back. Product X is literally a set it and forget it solution for top off water production.

barrel_tender_lg_zpsfa0f61d1.png

mwbeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"The Gabion" - A cylindrical wicker basket filled with earth and stones, used in building fortifications.

"Careen" - To take a ship into shallower waters or out of the water altogether and remove barnacles and pests such as mollusks, shells and plant growth from the bottom. Often a pirate needs to careen his ship to restore it to proper speed. Careening can be dangerous to pirates as it leaves the ship inoperable while the work is being done.

"The bilge" - the lowest compartment on a ship, below the waterline that stores excess water.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Crossbone

Status
Not open for further replies.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back