WIN a Puratek Auto Level Controller! FREE to enter!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
PURATEKCoralContestFEB_zps8f677c24.jpg

Sponsored by R2R sponsor Puratek

How to Enter:
1. Sign up for a FREE AquaXplorer account here.
2. Post in this thread something cool about the AquaXplorer software.
3. Smile and hope you win!

For example the AquaXplorer site can let you…

· Track/trend manually measured chemistry data

· Have all your aquarium data, maintenance records along with warranty data, receipts and user guides safely stored and organized in one location

· Keep track of your expenses and maintenance activity – see example screen shot below.

Drawing
March 5th we will pick one winner by random draw from this thread and the winner will be verified to have completed all requirements including a facebook check. :)

The Prize
The name drawn will receive brand new Puratek Auto Level Controller shipped to their door valued at over $230.00!

AutoLevelController_FeatureImage_zps730c7958.jpg

The Auto Level Controller, an Auto Top-Off system, is an ideal addition to any aquarium system. It is natural for water to evaporate on a daily basis and requires constant attention to maintain proper water levels. If not maintained on a regular basis in saltwater systems, the salinity will rise as the water evaporates because salt will not evaporate. These fluctuations in salinity can cause undue stress to your inhabitants.Using an auto top off system alleviates the daily activity of having to add fresh water on a regular basis. Performing this aquarium husbandry is a tedious, unrewarding task and can leave you in despair if not done properly.

This modern approach to auto level controlling is ground breaking to the industry and offers features never seen before in such an important piece of equipment seldom overlooked. Read More Here

Features

Maintains consistent salinity
Non-intrusive sensors that attach to outside of aquarium or sump so no worry about sticky or leaking mechanical sensors. Also snails or crabs will not interfere with operation
85 dB Audible alarm to notify of abnormal high or low water level or if the maximum water make up time has been exceeded
Standby switch – Temporarily disable level control while performing maintenance; for example, water changes or cleaning that could false trigger sensors
Alarm reset/program mode switch – silence alarm or initiate program to allow custom settings for max run time, hysteresis and level sensor selection
Supports up to four level sensors for normal (makeup control), low, high and top-off reservoir levels
Controls top-off water pump in makeup water reservoir or solenoid valve for connection directly to R/O filtration system
Low voltage 12VDC control for safety and low power consumption
Programmable max-run-timer counters to prevent top-off water running too long in the event sensor fails
Programmable hysteresis setting to control time delays in activating alarms or control due to water ripple or other disturbances in the water that could cause false alarms or control
Status LED for each level sensor for easy sensor status and program mode indicators
Processor controlled to maximize flexibility and expandability in feature offering and upgrades
Interfaces to Insight 24/7 Monitor/Controller for complete system integration for…
Audible and remote email alarming
Maximize system control in the event water levels are incorrect – shut pumps or chillers off to prevent damage
Notifications of when top-off water is being added
Keep log of how often top-off water is being added
Perform firmware upgrades

Thanks again to Puratek.com!
Puratek Reef2Reef Forum

swayd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done!
Love how they use graphs and it seems to be so easily accessible without having to upgrade software all the time because they do it for you!

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm tried to register but it won't except my email address?? Says valid email address needed? Been valid for a good 15years.lol tried a couple times - no success? will try again later.

McolonReefAddict

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Signed up even though I do not currently own an insight monitor and from what I can see this would be extremely beneficial for any aquarist, makes monitoring simple and MOBILE most importantly especially when going out of town you can still monitor the system with this and my favorite part of the site is that you can also keep an eye on a friends system. Fitting this into my budget for sure.

Hope I win.
Thanks.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done the sign up

Personally I like the way I could get notifications about my tank while i'm not home.. I run a bunch of small tanks and am constantly worried about not being home and if everything thing is alright with the makeshift ATO's I have. I do not know if they work all the time and I do not know how much I go through on a daily basis depending on the season. This would defiantly put my mind at ease!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hmm tried to register but it won't except my email address?? Says valid email address needed? Been valid for a good 15years.lol tried a couple times - no success? will try again later.

Shoot Puratek an email. They're good folks. I'm sure they can help.

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I signed up but it keeps saying I need to verify my email after I do, it still asks me to do it. -__- So I went ahead and read about the software while I wait to see if this gets sorted out and I love the fact that it makes monitoring your tank easy and accessible when you are on the go.

kolden

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I registered and took some time to look through the software and website. The fact that this can tell me everything I constantly worry about on my 120 reef tank puts my mind at ease. To be able to know this information or even the ability to pull up cameras is amazing and definitely something I will use.

dcullen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
INteresting

Very interesting program. Love the use of standard internet browers, I can access my parameters and trends from any connected device.

thedasher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Signed up and the program seems very nice. Is this an app as well?

Celticlamb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puratke Auto Level Controller

Hoping to follow Industry breakthroughs; which allow me absolute control over a demanding hobby!!

kresDFW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the most complete ATO solution I've seen. Besides keeping the sensors on the outside, which i'm a bit fan of, the standby mode and the way it handles alerts has me rethinking my new build setup.

kthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AquaXplorer site can let you schedule and log your system activity while keeping track of any additives you dose during your scheduled maintenance!

dallast

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquacam

The aquacam connectivity looks like a great feature! Since my aqurium is at my office and not at home, it would be great to have the ability to check it 24/7!

tgp4274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i want n love the whole thing!!!!!!!!

Maintains consistent salinity
Non-intrusive sensors that attach to outside of aquarium or sump so no worry about sticky or leaking mechanical sensors. Also snails or crabs will not interfere with operation
85 dB Audible alarm to notify of abnormal high or low water level or if the maximum water make up time has been exceeded
Standby switch – Temporarily disable level control while performing maintenance; for example, water changes or cleaning that could false trigger sensors
Alarm reset/program mode switch – silence alarm or initiate program to allow custom settings for max run time, hysteresis and level sensor selection
Supports up to four level sensors for normal (makeup control), low, high and top-off reservoir levels
Controls top-off water pump in makeup water reservoir or solenoid valve for connection directly to R/O filtration system
Low voltage 12VDC control for safety and low power consumption
Programmable max-run-timer counters to prevent top-off water running too long in the event sensor fails
Programmable hysteresis setting to control time delays in activating alarms or control due to water ripple or other disturbances in the water that could cause false alarms or control
Status LED for each level sensor for easy sensor status and program mode indicators
Processor controlled to maximize flexibility and expandability in feature offering and upgrades
Interfaces to Insight 24/7 Monitor/Controller for complete system integration for…
Audible and remote email alarming
Maximize system control in the event water levels are incorrect – shut pumps or chillers off to prevent damage
Notifications of when top-off water is being added
Keep log of how often top-off water is being added
Perform firmware upgrades

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back