Damsels should never be allowed anywhere

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If only I had know what a pain damsels were when I bought my tank. I never would have put them back in after I moved it. They are the most annoying fish and are half a step from impossible to catch. Done venting now. Who else has horror stories of the horrendous fish. I really don't want to tear my rock out but I just might to get it over with. Share my pain please. Lol

OP
OP
mfief

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 fish traps going right now and have coughs my goby 3 times

boehm742

ReefKeeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many damsels are in the tank? How bigs the tank? If it's a nano it will probably just be easier to pull the rock real quick. Not so much on a large tank tho...

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the issue..? what is so bad about them in your particular situation. What makes them sooooo annoying? You never specified that.

OP
OP
mfief

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I still hate damsels. They will be in Mt QT tank to keep it running once I upgrade to the 75. I moved a pair of clowns to another tank and introduced a maroon pair to the 55 gal. My Talbot damsel flipped the a hole switch and was chasing every fish around light on and off. It had the fins tore up on both maroon clowns but they settled in and everyone calmed down.

Last edited:

lisa28

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My two were awesome at first even swam with my two clowns, now one has gone full *** hole the other damsel hides constantly and the clowns are stuck in the nem. And these are supposedly the least aggressive type of damsels
:banghead:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a neon velvet damselfish (a pretty fish), and once it killed two of the "community" fish in my tank, it had to go. I used a soda bottle trap with a little hole in the side of the bottle. I put my turkey baster into this hole with some taste food (mysis shrimp). I squirted the food into the bottle. Leaving the turkey baster in the hole, I would continue to squire water into the bottle making a snow-globe effect with the food. The little SOB saw the food and darted into the trap.

He is now in a witness protection program in an aggressive tank with other SOB's.

I will never, ever buy another damsel!!!

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I still hate damsels. They will be in Mt QT tank to keep it running once I upgrade to the 75. I moved a pair of clowns to another tank and introduced a maroon pair to the 55 gal. My Talbot damsel flipped the a hole switch and was chasing every fish around light on and off. It had the fins tore up on both maroon clowns but they settled in and everyone calmed down.

The talbot damsel I had a few years ago was a perfect fish. Never saw any aggression and they look awesome. One of my favourite fish actually...well as far as non-predator fish go lol.
I had him in with a domino damsel and they were happy together :)

Steviereefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My damsel is awesome he's so bright when you try to photograph him he just reflects so much blue it's crazy
Just look at the pic around him he looks like he was pasted to the image.
IMAG0517_1.jpg

goathead

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love having my hand and arm bitten every time I am in the tank. Little ******* actually hurts sometimes. Contemplating sending them back to the store, but catching seems rather difficult.

diesel3443

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Yellow Damsels are angels. Now my pseudochromis and pygmy angel, they are another story....

clownfitch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By far the hardest fish I have ever tried to catch is the little possessed demon of a sixline wrasse in my 65 tall. I have tried two different traps including the home made version. I bought a really nice one and got it in the mail Friday. Fed the fish out of it but of course a little spilled out with the tank flow after I turned the wave maker back on but that's fine for the first couple of days of getting the fish used too seeing it. No food for them yesterday or this morning. Have my fingers crossed that the little sob will fall for it tonight.

OP
OP
mfief

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just gave up on catching them for now. But they I will be breaking the tank down to move it to a 75 in a month or so that is when I catch them. I was thinking of putting them in the QT but I will most likely put them in the fuge

Debbiemomma77

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My little 4 stripped is great, she used to chase after my dragon wrasse but he put her in her place and now everyone gets along! I love damsels!

Back