Best online stores to buy corals.

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Being that I live in a rather large city, there are numerous aquarium store's in my area. I never had any real reason to purchase corals online until now. Im starting to build frag tanks and want to stock them with corals that I don't normally find in my local stores. So my question is, what are the absolute best online coral sites that you guys purchase corals from. Im looking for designer corals , color morph's, hard to find pieces. Acan's, Zoa's even SPS corals. I plan on growing them and selling them off or trading to my local stores. Looking for your 2 cents and any info I can get on what stores to buy from, and what stores to avoid. By the way I live in Pennsylvania so stores closer to my state is a plus. I know they all ship over night but my thought is, the less time spent from the store to my door, the better for the corals. Thanks everyone.

ReeferBen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in PA also and if you are near philadelphia Aquarium Specialties and research is a must. If you are near Lancaster, That Pet Place. If not I order from LiveAquaria, Cherry Corals, World wide corals, Austin Aquafarms to name a few. All are excellent.

On the other hand, R2R members have lots of designer stuff for sale also.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Zacco

Zacco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ReeferBen. I'll check those online stores out. Im located In Pittsburgh. Aqua World is the absolute best store in my area. They do sell a lot of corals but their frag tanks are Ho Hum. The owner has designer coral tanks and frags, but is hesitant on selling anything out of them. When he does sell, he wants BIG BUCKS for them.

c_healy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm mike at sexy corals

He will hook you up big time!

I just got my second box from him and both have been over double the value I paid. The last one was at least triple.

marvelousone

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at World Wide Corals. I got a chance to go to the store. It is awesome. All their tanks where super clean. They have a ton of stuff. If you don't see it online call them to see if they have what you want. After seeing their store first hand. I have no problem ordering from them. I live 1000 miles away from them and it is worth ordering from them.

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zacco

Sounds like we need to get together

I am in the south hills and have tons of high end zoas. Most of the high end pieces you see at the local pittsburgh stores came from my tank via trades. Shoot me a pm

Bob

phillrodrigo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive been eying cherry coral lately. Very nice looking stuff. Also divers den. Another that seems to getting alot of recent attention is battle corals

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 34.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 39 31.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back