What glue or adhesive on rocks?

dib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to be aquasculpting my 20g nano set up. What can I use to glue or hold rocks together so they are safe and dont fall? The tank is empty now and I will put in rocks then live sand and water. So whever I use will be done in a dry environment. I dont want to get the wrong thing and want something that wont harm my tank.

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive read some people drill holes in the rock and cut plastic clothing hangers to use as rods to keep em together. I dont know if its a safe plastic though... You could always try aquarium safe silicone.

Or zip ties

OP
OP
dib

dib

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool thanks. Not sure if I'm going to need it, but good to know

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mainly use two things, either this TLF epoxy or E-Marco-400. Both work great... the epoxy works fine for smaller pieces and E-Marco for larger. Either will need to be braced (use anything to hold up rock while drying) if creating large overhangs for a few hours. Both will be rock solid within a day. If creating very tall aquascapes I use acrylic rods (available from Marco) or fiberglass driveway stakes (available from HD/Lowe's during winter) in conjunction with epoxy or E-Marco-400.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back