Nothings happy in my tank! Pic heavy

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So nothing is opening in my tank, corals been in tank for 2 weeks and wont open. My paremeters are listed below.
Mag-1400 ppm
Alk-9.8 DKH
Calc- 400 ppm
My light are two 50/50 bulbs, 10 watts each. temps running at 77. I mean my paremeters are pretty good and lightinf not bad. Theres really nothing else i can do :frusty: Heres some pictures of corals, the tube nem is out more during day and galaxy is also the only thing happy. Becoming more stress then relaxful
DSC_1861[1].jpg
DSC_1862[1].jpg
DSC_1863[1].jpg
DSC_1864[1].jpg
DSC_1865[1].jpg

Alabamareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the listed water paremeters are good. what are your phosphates and nitrates. also what test kits are you using. the light you have listed can you tell more about it. also what about flow is it pointed directly at your corals?

OP
OP
B

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im using red sea test kit, my nitrates and phosphates are 0. My hood had brown lights witch made corals look ugly so i upgraded them with 2 10 watt 50/50 bulbs. Anyone else wanna chip in? Thanks alabama

salttanklife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watts per gallon is kinda old school now with new lighting types and tank depths( a tall tank will need more lighting than a shallow tank of the same water volume) but I believe it's 4 to 7 watts per gallon as a general rule. How many watts was your old lighting and what type. I have 500 watts on a 90 gallon, 250x2 metal halide.

salttanklife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some light demanding coral need up to as much as 10 watts per gallon. Having access to a par meter will really let you know if the lighting is strong enough but most of us in the Hobby don't have one. You might be able to see if you lfs might have one for a loaner with a deposit or rental change. I'm not sure if that's even possible because I've never asked, but it's worth a try.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would look into a local reef club and have a member double check your parameters. Your salinity is way too low and you have to be careful not too bring it up too fast. Also, your lighting should be upgraded.

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bro! 1.018 ! that can be the Reason! make sure you get it checked. also Refractometers are not that good either. Malwakie digital meter is Amazing.

OP
OP
B

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i buy LED lights and there to bright so i try low lights and there not bright enough, i cant win lol How should i raise salt level without disrupting good paremeters?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i buy LED lights and there to bright so i try low lights and there not bright enough, i cant win lol How should i raise salt level without disrupting good paremeters?
Who told you LEDs are to bright for those corals?? Thats would be an incorrect statement.

Back