Has anyone realized that some SPS & LPS coral is worth more than gold, per ounce

Status
Not open for further replies.

thefullmonti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think about it a once inch frag can cost more than two grand at some places...or some rare chalices...I have not weighed a one inch frag but I am almost positive most do not even weigh once ounce. Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen a frag that expensive, but it better come with a free insertinnuendohere. Got some links?

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You would think they would have at least made it attractive with the ps.... Looks like a diseased.turd even after it was ps.

that Reef Guy

Frag Swap Crusader!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think about it a once inch frag can cost more than two grand at some places...or some rare chalices...I have not weighed a one inch frag but I am almost positive most do not even weigh once ounce. Thoughts?

A One Inch Frag Would not wight much at all.

Nowhere near One Ounce.

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Listen guys, we don't care if you have these price discussion threads but we're not gonna start turning them into vendor call out threads, Infact we'd prefer if vendor names weren't mentioned in them at all.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Auaph8 has stated, go ahead and discuss all the prices and frags you wish, this we encourage, but please keep vendors names out of the discussion, thats all we ask for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan2428

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol here it goes again look for a new site were mods don't protect the vendor and I will join . You will never find one the site needs them and vendors need the site so good luck

OP
OP
T

thefullmonti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As Auaph8 has stated, go ahead and discuss all the prices and frags you wish, this we encourage, but please keep vendors names out of the discussion, thats all we ask for.

No I get, it are only allowed to say good things about the venders, if a particular comment in anyway hinders reef2reef vender circle jerk then we must practice self censorship.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If anyone has had a negative experience with any of the vendors here, they are encouraged to leave negative feedback in the vendor feedback forum. This is the means allowed for expressing issue with a particular vendor. No vendor is "protected" here from negative feedback. However, we do expect every member to abide by the user agreement and rules that are in place here. This is something you agree to when you join.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If your problem is with a specific vendor, take it to feedback. If your issue is with prices in general, then you should have no issue discussing the issue of coral prices (or whatever issue that you are concerned about) without calling people out and using names.

OP
OP
T

thefullmonti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone has had a negative experience with any of the vendors here, they are encouraged to leave negative feedback in the vendor feedback forum. This is the means allowed for expressing issue with a particular vendor. No vendor is "protected" here from negative feedback. However, we do expect every member to abide by the user agreement and rules that are in place here. This is something you agree to when you join.

No one was saying anything negative about the vendors only discussing a price a high end piece of coral, vendor was mentioned.

OP
OP
T

thefullmonti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have any issues with the prices, was just discussing them, other people may have had issues.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn't have any issues with the prices, was just discussing them, other people may have had issues.

And there's no problem with discussing prices. In fact, we encourage you to discuss these issues (as is proved by the multiple threads we've already had on this subject). We just ask that specific names for individuals (members or vendors) not be used. That's it. :)

Hallucination

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta realize your walking a fine line, r2r makes money off the sponsors. If a vendor can sell sps at 1 inch for 2k, more power to them.

OP
OP
T

thefullmonti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And there's no problem with discussing prices. In fact, we encourage you to discuss these issues (as is proved by the multiple threads we've already had on this subject). We just ask that specific names for individuals (members or vendors) not be used. That's it. :)

Why? Its their particular piece we are discussing why are we not allowed to mention the vendor? Wouldn't that be a good thing? Every time someone posts a photo of their new coral there is a header or name for their coral, who they get it from...whats the difference?

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyway...

yes. some coral is more expensive than gold, harder to get your hands on than a winning mcdonald's monopoly piece, and more addicting than crack.

OP
OP
T

thefullmonti

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotta realize your walking a fine line, r2r makes money off the sponsors. If a vendor can sell sps at 1 inch for 2k, more power to them.

I never said I had a problem with that? I am walking a fine line? This is a reef discussion forum first and foremost if they're going to start censoring people based on what is said about their vendors they're going to lost a lot of users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back