Holy Sand-Storm, Batman!

robert829

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I am currently in the process of upgrading my DT to a 75g Bowfront. Yesterday I spent the entire day making the water... yada yada yada. After the SG was right and everything was assembled, it was time to add the substrate. So I added about a half inch of crushed coral, an inch of sand, and an inch of live sand. Everything was washed thoroughly, and I mean THOROUGHLY... to the point that the coral was running clear and the sand was no longer cloudy. I added the substrate last night, and of course it was cloudy... as expected. However, much to my chagrin I awoke this morning to find the entire tank unchanged. You can't see your hand 4 inches away from the glass. My assumption is that the sand was probably too fine... even though it was marketed as "saltwater aquarium sand." :violin: I had a HOB dual-chamber filter going over night, otherwise no flow. I added a slew of polishing pads to the filter this AM, but I'm pretty sure that was a waste of time.
Anyhow, anyone have any thoughts on how to clear this thing up before I lose my dang mind?
Thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back