What are things you can do with your reef, after you've done almost everything? (Expirements)

SkipperTheSohalTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
•I have a 29 biocube, mixed reef! I keep from mariculture acros to zoanthids. Not everything is perfect all the time, as of parameters, but I try to work on it as hard as I can like every other reefer!
•Equipment wise I have 2 mp10's, Maxspect nano razer led fixture, cadlights pls-50 protein skimmer,and uv sterilizer (if I ever put a fish in, used to have it on all the time until I started farming pods).
•Mechanical filter wise, Purigen,chemi blue, poly filter filter floss, GFO, and seachem matrix. I does 2 part C&A, various amino acids, iodine,strontium,potassium, manganesse, and magnesium, then biofuel and microbacter7.
•I target feed once a week.
•I am looking to do a t5 vs led (maxspect vs nova 20" 6 bulb t5) and glue a piece of SPS to the back wall. Maybe even biopelets! I found a good price on the IM reactor! What other things are there to do or expirement with now? Thanks

OP
OP
SkipperTheSohalTang

SkipperTheSohalTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working on it, but not yet! Lol. I am looking to get a cheap rimless frag tank, hopefully sometime soon!

footballdude2k3

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It'd be a little more difficult in a smaller tank like that, but you could make frags of a colony, put it in different spots with higher/lower lighting/flow to see how things change.

Mhumbach

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the Idea of a t5/LED comparison with well maintained notes however id go with a different type of livestock you havent tried. Maybe a Mantis shrimp?

evo187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bigger tank or species tank. maybe sea horse tank??

once most master SPS you just want bigger tanks to have more massive SPS colonies.

OP
OP
SkipperTheSohalTang

SkipperTheSohalTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sea horses would just get blown around, mantis shrimp stir the sand....... I was going to try a colony of sexy shrimp, but I need a wrasse soon for bug control. An apex jr would be nice if I had the money........ I agree go bigger, but not right now.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back