*URGENT* Bad batch of Seachem Phytoplankton

AquariumNut-Josh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just spot fed my brother's corals with Seachems Phytoplanktin and within minutes the corals I fed started dying the corals I didn't feed are completely fine . Stay away from there phytoplanktin! Theres no doubt in my mind that its the food thats just killed 100s of dollars of coral . I am at a loss o dont even know what to do . I bought this phytoplanktin just last week

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to get in contact with seachem and tell them your situation. That really stinks though, I'm very sorry to hear this.

OP
OP
AquariumNut-Josh

AquariumNut-Josh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just emailed them im very disappointed . I trusted those corals to a product thats supposed to be good for them insted they got hurt . The dunken coral literally fell apart in minutes

OP
OP
AquariumNut-Josh

AquariumNut-Josh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The acans look in very bad shape and the orange crush is developing a hole in the flesh . Its rotting off the skeleton

mjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had mixed results with the seachem zooplankton and phytoplankton. I stopped using them for the same reason. I could not find an expiration date on the product, but the variation in color, texture and smell lead me to believe there was either spoilage, inconsistent manufacturing, or contamination.

Also, those products are extremely concentrated and should be dosed into the system. Did you spot feed the coral?

OP
OP
AquariumNut-Josh

AquariumNut-Josh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did spot feed . Which ive done for years with various companies . It says nowhere on the bottle to not spot feed :(

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back