Water Storage Delima

ThePriceSeliger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pretty limited room in my water making station in my new apartment, and am left with few options for water storage. I've found a 45g vertical but the 18" diameter is limiting my room even more. I would like to find something that's 16" or 14" capable of holding up to 45g, I'd settle for less but I wanted to be on the safe side. Here is what I found, it's a little on the pricey side for sure. 40 Gallon Vertical Closed Head Tank* 18" x 43" | U.S. Plastic Corp.

Any ideas?

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea, those are great!! Bout the only thing that comes to mind when your talking about an odd shape holding tank.

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pretty limited room in my water making station in my new apartment, and am left with few options for water storage. I've found a 45g vertical but the 18" diameter is limiting my room even more. I would like to find something that's 16" or 14" capable of holding up to 45g, I'd settle for less but I wanted to be on the safe side. Here is what I found, it's a little on the pricey side for sure. 40 Gallon Vertical Closed Head Tank* 18" x 43" | U.S. Plastic Corp.

Any ideas?

That's probably as good as it's going to get with a small footprint. I only keep around 20 gallons of saltwater on hand and about 7 gallons of RO aside from what's in my topoff container. I use a brute can though and stash it in my laundry room where I make water.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is your tank? I have a 75gal and 30gal tank and I only keep 10 to 15gal of RO on hand. I just use the 5gal jugs from the LFS for storage. I will fill of 4 jugs if I'm planning a water change.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back